What do I need to register my automobile registration?

What do I need to register my automobile registration?

You can now renew you motor vehicle or trailer registration online, through Rapid Renewal! You can also renew your registration at the Town Office.

Information to bring with you for vehicle registration.

Re-Registration for all Vehicles

(previously completed in Bristol)

New Car Registration

(Cash or Financed)

Used Car

New Registration

(Cash or Financed)

Leased Vehicle

First time Registration

Current InsuranceMulroney Sticker (Window Sticker)Complete Bill of Sale*Mulroney Sticker (Window Sticker)
Previous RegistrationBill of SalePrevious Title signed by previous ownerBill of Sale
Current MileageTitle ApplicationTitle Application (if completed by financer) Lease Agreement
 Current InsuranceCurrent InsuranceTitle Application
 Current MileageCurrent MileageCurrent Insurance
   Current Mileage
* A complete bill of sale must have all of the following information:
  • Date of the Sale
  • Sellers Name AND Address
  • Year, Make, Model, VIN and Mileage of the vehicle purchased
  • Purchase Price
  • Name of Buyer
  • Signatures of both Seller and Buyer

Title Information:

A vehicle is required to have a title in the State of Maine if it is a 1995 model year or newer. Please click here for information on Maine State titles and when they are required.

Titles are issued for the following types of vehicles:

  • All motor vehicles except special mobile equipment;
  • Trailers over 3,000 lbs. (unladen weight)
  • Motorcycles with engines 300 CC and over

If you have lost your title you can order a duplicate title online by click here.