The responsibility of the Town Clerk’s office is to maintain all official town records, conduct elections in accordance with State Law, issue State licenses and vital records, and to work effectively with the public and other officials.
- Supervision of all procedures of State Elections and Town Meetings
- Issue recreational licenses such as fishing, hunting, clam and dog licenses
- Maintain and issue birth, death and marriage records
- Validate official documents, maintain a record retention system for the Town, swear in municipal officials and act as the custodian of the official Town seal
- Collection of real estate, personal property and excise tax
- Registration of motor vehicles, boats, moorings, snowmobiles and ATVs
In Bristol, the Town Clerk also serves as the Registrar of Voters, the Public Access Officer and Motor Vehicle Agent.
|Jess Bourne||(207) 563-5270|